Who has ever been frustrated by complex, inaccurate, or otherwise painful Drupal 8 search setups.
The Whos have—that’s who!
Drupal 8 core Search has been revamped, revumped, pumped up and wahoozled! It is much more powerful and accurate than in D7, but it still concentrates on text in nodes and not other entities those nodes might contain—like Paragraphs, Views, Whos, Yous, or custom blocks. Core Search also does not allow you to choose which fields you want to index, how important those fields are, or use any preprocessors to tailor your search. Search API gives you all this and more.
But how do I use it—you say? Come to this session on a lovely June Day is what I say! You’ll learn Search API, custom search boxes, some things about foxes and why Search API-based views rocks-es!
- Search API Blog Post: https://www.electriccitizen.com/blog/drupal-8-custom-site-search-search-api
- Solr, Why and How: https://www.lucius.digital/en/blog/drupal-8-and-solr-google-fast-search-your-own-website-why-and-how
- Search API Attachments: https://www.drupal.org/project/search_api_attachments
- Search API Autocomplete: https://www.drupal.org/project/search_api_autocomplete
- Search 404: https://www.drupal.org/project/search404
- Seussville: http://www.seussville.com/books/book_detail.php?isbn=9780375851568
- Learn when Search API is right for your site instead of core Search
- Learn how to properly switch from core Search to Search API
- Learn how to Search Up and configure a Search API server and index, including complex fields, and processors.
- Learn how to create advanced views keyword exposed filters that work with term reference and select fields as well as multiple entity reference fields.