Drupal 8 features many enhancements, one of the most-prominent being the implementation of the Twig templating system. But are you really getting the most out of your Twig? If you’re not using Twig extensions, then no--you’re not.
Twig extensions allow developers to add processing capabilities to Twig’s template rendering via via custom filters and functions. The Twig Tweak module is a popular solution for adding common functionality to Twig, and as developers we can provide even more power to the folks working with our templates.
This session will cover:
* Functionality provided by the core and contrib extensions
* Implementing custom Twig extensions
* Practical examples of functionality possibly through Twig extensions
Sample code: https://github.com/kerasai/twig_ext_demo
* Twig extension 1.x documentation: https://twig.symfony.com/doc/1.x/advanced.html
* Drupal Core Twig Filters: https://www.drupal.org/node/2357633
* Drupal Core Twig Functions: https://www.drupal.org/node/2486991
* Twig Tweak: https://www.drupal.org/project/twig_tweak
* Twig Extensions: https://www.drupal.org/project/twig_extensions
* Define Twig extensions, specifically the usage of functions and filters
* Identify functionality of core Twig extension, and its shortcomings
* Cover existing contrib options for Twig extensions
* Roll a custom Twig extension