Saturday, 1:45pm - 2:45pm
Attend any Drupal event and you will hear people talking about how important the Drupal community is to them or how much the Drupal community has impacted their life. Look deeper and ask around and you will also find many people who at some point in time have felt betrayed or let down by the community when it failed to meet their expectations.
- Do some of us expect too much from the community and how do we cope when the community fails to live up to those expectations?
- How much can and should we expect from an open source community?
- Does the community exist solely in service to product called Drupal or is Drupal merely the byproduct of a community with goals and values of its own?
My plan is to share some of my personal thoughts and experiences on this topic, but also to hear from the audience about what they expect from the Drupal community and how they cope when the community fails to meet those expectations.
Learning Objectives & Outcomes:
- To talk about what community means.
- To reflect on our individual relationships with the community and what we expect from the community.
- To prepare ourselves for that moment when the community fails to live up to our expectations.