Today, people have access to more information than ever before and they can access that information across many different devices. However, just having access to more information and more access to that information does not translate into an engaging user experience. Content providers have a wealth of information about their users available, but too often do not use that information effectively. Users expectations are growing and content providers will have to change their strategy to provide the type of engaging experience that users want and need.
How can content providers leverage what they know about their users to provide the right information to the right person on the right device at the right time?
This session will focus on the following questions:
* What is personalization? What is contextualization?
* What types of data are available and how can they be used to provide value to the customer?
* How do privacy concerns or GDPR affect personalization?
* What are some good and bad examples of personalization in the wild?
* What is the best way to plan out a successful personalization project?
* How should a project team be staffed?
* What are the best tools and techniques are available to Drupal site builders?
People attending this session will leave with a better knowledge of what personalization is, how it can be used effectively while be mindful of privacy concerns, and how to best execute a Drupal personalization project.